Monday, 21 May 2012

Francophile.....

My Name's Chrissi and I'm a FRANCOPHILE!!! (ps I'm back....)

So, last week, Monsieur Karl unveiled Chanel's Cruise collection 2013 at the wonderful, the enchanting, the magnificent.......... Palais du Versaille!

Let me indulge you in a tiny part of my on-going list of obsessions: If I could, I would live at Versaille for the rest of my life! Remember that trip to Paris I made last summer? No, oh of course you wouldn't, I was so terrible with showing you guys the pictures. But.....I'll post some shnapps I took below. You know what they say, better late than never!


And now back to the Chanel Cruise Collection 2013, here's the video:

Soo pretty!!! Mint is just so chic! 
C'est magnifique!! 

Chinoiserie. Chinoiserie.Chinoiserie!!!

What I love from this collection is that Monsieur Karl has managed to incorporate the essence of the Rococo fashion and update it with such distinction. I could look at each garment and point out where his inspirations lay yet it was not in your face like some other designers. My absolute favourite is the second picture shown above. The subtle print and the contrasting silhouette just made me fall in love!

And of course, with Chanel collections, it is always a must to see the creme de la creme of the fashion world to be present. But do you know who caught my eye for the past couple of seasons? The nouvelle french actress ASTRID BERGES FRISBEY. I am obsessed with her... she literally oozes chicness and elegance and she's just so french!


Isn't she just beautiful?
She's so beautiful, she inspired me to draw! (a rare thing I assure you)

The lovely Astrid (right) with the equally lovely
Elodie Bouchez. 



I leave you with one last thought: for all you ipod/iphone/ipad twerps out there DOWNLOAD CHANEL'S PODCAST!!! It is AMAZING! The people at Chanel upload all their shows extremely quickly and when you get bored on the plane/train/just in general from the lack of fashion, just pop those headphones in and clickity click that podcast and watch your eyes away!
Until next time.......
x
Chrissi



23 comments:

  1. She is beautiful. I'll have to check out one of her films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BONJOUR!!!! A fellow Francophile and speaker, I wonder?

    Parles-tu français? Oh you and me BOTH would and could live in Versailles forever! What a dream.

    THANK YOU où bien, MERCI MILLE FOIS POUR ÊTRE VENUE CHEZ MOI!!!!

    Come back for the next two weeks if you wish to take a detour to Rome and then to finally land in Paris, hey, if only in our dreams, right?

    CIAO! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post dear! I think she is just damn pretty and I love her hair. ♥

    2 your question; yes I took that picture. All pics on my blog are selfmade. :)

    Hey, do u like my blog?
    If, please follow, would be so nice! ;)


    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! looove the Chanel show!! it's soo stylish!!
    thanks also for your lovely comment in my blog!!
    do you want to follow each other??
    http://citygirltoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos!!!
    http://yaconundine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pictures! I would love love love to go to Paris one day!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos and that event looked so amazing! Thanks for the podcast tip. Your blog is so lovely =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely photos. The dresses were all lovely and amazing.

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    ♥ SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    ♥ BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the Chanel Cruise collection.. PERFECTON!

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete
  10. So classy, as per usual!

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I just came across your wonderful blog and was wondering if we could follow each other on Blogger and Twitter (@pink_sequins). You can follow me (via GFC) by clicking this link. I'll follow back. Take care. :)

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  12. so beautiful pictures
    and collection.
    Hoping to visit Paris soon!.

    Please feel free to visit my blog,
    let me know how you like it and if you like it,
    maybe we can follow each other. Thanks!

    http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a nice blog
    ciao

    coolechicstylefashion.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of this! Beautiful place and beautiful collection!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keira is so beautiful and elegant!!
    I love all her acting and commercials!
    great blog and am your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, awkward, that's not keira (although I do see some similarities). It's Astrid Berges Frisbey, think of her as the french keira knightley! haha
      x
      Chrissi

      Delete
  16. Great post..amazing Chanel Cruise!!!
    pleas join my blog on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.com
    xoxo Marika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post: I like these outfits from the Chanel Cruise collection so much!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???
    Win a Romwe dress +$50 freebies and a secret gift

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous collection, i fell in love with it:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. P.S. Thanks for getting back to me, darling!
    Would you like following each other on GFC?
    Let me know, would love to follow you back.

    http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute post~! Would you like to follow each other?
    http://colorloud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete